The Future of Our Planet Lies in Your Hands | How you can save the world

Recently, I've been reading a lot about the environment. Personally, I think it's a really important issue and we should be doing all we can to preserve the planet, save the bees, reduce CO2 etc. It makes me really sad to see how our society is distancing itself further and further from nature and I think the effects of this are serious. So, I thought I'd document some fairly easy ways in which we can help to save the planet - both for me to refer back to and for you to take advice from.


1) RECYCLABLE MATERIALS


Think about how much you personally throw away every day or every month. It's probably quite a lot: packaging, cotton pads, menstrual products, paper, makeup wipes etc - all those things that you just throw away without even thinking too much about. And yet, there's so many recyclable alternatives that have much less of an impact on the environment. For example, reusuable cotton pads are a thing that exist! You just use them to remove your makeup or nail polish and then chuck them in the wash with your weekly laundry. Also, bamboo or wooden toothbrushes will just go straight in the compost once you're done with them. I would definitely recommend having a look into recyclable alternatives to the items you use every day!

2) HOUSE PLANTS

Having plants in your home is a wonderful thing. They look great, they help the environment and some even help to filter the air in the room. Spider plants are the classic example - they're incredibly low maintenance and can help to remove some of the harmful toxins that can be found in the indoor environment. I've just picked one up from my local garden centre for £2.50 and I'm so in love with it.

3) ECOSIA

I've recently started using a search engine called "Ecosia" which helps to save the planet whilst you search the internet. Essentially, they use the money they make from the adverts they use when you search to plant trees. According to my homepage, they've already planted well over six million trees which is incredible! It's total legit and the ads are just like the ones on google (virtually un-noticeable) and yet they help to go for a good cause. If you make the change from google to Ecosia, I'm sure you won't even notice the difference.


I hope that you've found these three tips useful and that perhaps they've helped to encourage you to try something new to protect the environment! If you have any more tips or advice, be sure to leave them in the comments below.

E x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places I want to go | Japan

Why I'll Never Bullet Journal