Why I'll Never Bullet Journal

According to their website, bullet journals are a "customisable and forgiving organisation system. It can be your to-do list, sketchbook, notebook, and diary, but most likely, it will be all of the above. It will teach you to do more with less." It feels like everyday I'm reading another blog post about how all the different symbols, colours and the hours spent drawing out the index and the future log have "changed my life." But I don't just don't buy it. Here's why:



1) Time

Call me old-fashioned (or maybe 'productive') but you shouldn't spend more time putting your list together than actually doing the things on your list. From what I can tell, it takes a significant amount of work and effort to keep a bullet journal up to date - putting together the index log, the future log, drawing out a calendar for up-coming months. Who can be bothered? When I'm trying to put together my life, I want to be able to do this quickly so that I can actually do the work that will put my life together. 


2) Creativity

Okay, this point comes from a place of bitterness within me and is probably not a reflection of the quality of the bullet journal method. I am not a creative person. I wish I was. But I'm not. To add insult to injury, aesthetics are something that I really care about. So, the combination of not being able to create something beautiful and desperately wanting to create something beautiful makes me incredibly frustrated. In other words, if I had a bullet journal, I would want it to be the best bullet journal but, in reality, it would just end up looking like it had been put together by a six year old.
Basically, I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I'm happy with my Google Calendar and how I can exercise my creativity by customising the colours without messing it all up. 

I mean, I see the benefits of bullet journals and how some people may find them to be revolutionary and an effective method of organisation. But they're not for me. 

Do you use a bullet journal? Does it work for you? Let me know!
E x 

Comments

  1. That's such a good point, I've never thought about how long a bullet journal would take before! Why spend all evening creating a to do list when you can be doing your to do list?! Have a lovely day :)
    Hannah x
    hannahsophia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That being said, I do love watching other people's bullet journal videos on YouTube - haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I'll try to respond to any questions as soon as I can!

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of Our Planet Lies in Your Hands | How you can save the world

Places I want to go | Japan